Early Childhood Education
Our lesson plans take the "Project Approach" to learning, because children have a strong disposition to explore and discover. The Project Approach builds on natural curiosity, enabling children to interact, question, connect, problem-solve, communicate, reflect, and more. This kind of authentic learning extends beyond the classroom to each student's home, community, nation, and the world. It essentially makes learning the stuff of real life and children active participants in and shapers of their worlds.
Our curriculum provides a wealth of tools that help teachers ensure they are building the right skills at each developmental stage, and in a manner appropriate for each child's individual learning style.
We specifically use Creative Curriculum:
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool® is an award-winning curriculum for preschool success. Comprising The Foundation, five research-based volumes that provide the knowledge base of the curriculum, and the Daily Resources, which offer step-by-step guidance in the form of Teaching Guides and additional daily teaching tools, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework and state early learning standards. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers & Twos
is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the School Readiness Goals for Infants and Toddlers in Head Start and early learning standards for each state.
- developmentally appropriate practices and responsive daily routines and meaningful experiences that nurture learning and development.
- offers daily opportunities for teachers and caregivers to use assessment information to individualize routines and experiences for young children.
- provides built-in guidance for building the kind of meaningful partnerships with families that are an essential factor in how infants, toddlers and twos experience your program and how much they gain from it.
- complete support in classrooms where children are learning two languages
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool
- Is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- Offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- Contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.